Thursday, October 18, 2007

A New Doll

Meet Big Sister.

I have been working on her bit by bit and thought you might like to see a few pics of her as I go along. I embroidered her face a little differently than the directions because I like to do my own thing.

1947 Simplicity pattern. Note the price, 15 cents!

I decided that I wanted a long sleeved dress so I chose this 1989 Vogue pattern.

This is the bodice piece, not finished. I love the Peter Pan collar. The fabric is special too. I paid $15 for a small piece of beautiful red vintage feedsack printed with bows and flowers.


Unfinished shoes. I'm still experimenting with shoes. These are imitation leather and I want to use real leather. The shoes are partially lined with red antique satin, and the insteps will be padded red satin when I finish. I had my eye on an old wide red belt I've had for ages, but it is too small. Big Sister has huge feet, because she is 32 inches tall and also wears a size 1 toddler dress. I made her socks today, they are blue and white striped soft jersey.

More pictures coming as we move along.

Happy Sewing

11 comments:

Sally Anne said...

She has such a dear little face with a sweet expression, and those clothes and shoes are going to be gorgeous. I shall keep my eyes open for scraps of leather for you. I know my aunty in the UK has some..I will contact her.

Judy Hartman said...

Your work is amazing!

aleinung said...

oooohhhh, what a beautiful face she have.

Ruth Welter said...

Ow Meg, the face on your doll is beautiful and so expressive, very soft & pretty. Thank you for showing her in progress, I love to see things as the progress.

Dees said...

I love her!!!!totally adorable!
xoxo

Donna said...

Hi Meg...what a beautiful face. I love your work. Just letting you know I've changed the name of my blog so when you click on your link on your side bar you won't get through on 'thirties green' it's now called 'sew mad'. Your PIF is in the post as we speak. Ye ha!

Unknown said...

She is so pretty! What beautiful eyes!!!!! And her shoes are so cute too!

Betty said...

She's so cute! I can't wait to see her finished.

Alice Regan said...

What a sweet face you have created. I can't wait to see more! Such a talented lady you are!

Clang Clang said...

Thank you for your lovely comments. Your things are fab, and your stall last week looks lovely, especially the bunting (I am a big fan of bunting!) Looking forward to getting to know you better.

x

Unknown said...

I love Big Sister! She looks so appealing- I look forward to seeing her when she is finished.