Sunday, October 14, 2007

©2000 Denise Van Patten - http://collectdolls.about.com


Today has been a relaxing Sunday and I've had a bit of time to myself to think. Usually I'm trying to think and nothing happens, I just go with the flow of the day. Today I resolved to slow down the hectic pace and reclaim my creative space in peace. This is how I am going to do it:


  • Give thanks to the Lord for the gift of a new day and new blessings
  • Make my DH diabetic cookies! Anyone got a great recipe for oatmeal raisin?
  • Give some tender, loving care to my new doll and create a vision of who she will be and what she will wear. The little one in the picture has some possibilities, with those cute little shoes. I am making red leather shoes for my doll from an old Italian leather belt I "out grew" about 30 years ago.
  • Concentrate on sending several of my dear blogging friends promised goodies. Now I know the meaning of "blogging guilt." The hurrier I go, the behinder I get. This has to stop, right here, right now - this week!
  • Not obsess about STUFF
  • To find joy and love in this wonderful life.

May you all start the week with peace and happiness


5 comments:

Betty said...

Meg, Those sound like good ideas. As far as diabetic cookies. I use a regular recipe and substitute splenda for the sugar. Raisins are high in sugar too so I usually use half and then you can also sub wheat flour for part of the white and that makes them more diabetic friendly.

Donna said...

You've been tagged by me Meg - if your up to it check it out at my blog. Ditto for peace and happiness.

pink-petal-designs said...

wow you have been busy, your craft fair stall looks really good. Thanks for popping by my blog, yes i think our cheque books are a differant size to yours, yours are very nice, as is all your things.
Sarah x

Jodie said...

Hi meg, I hope your stall was successful so now you have lots of money for......more fabric of course.
I am pleased you feel blogging guilt as well. Your parcel is coming soon- only one little addition to go I promise.
Jodie

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Meg, I was just taking some time to catch up on the older posts...your garden looks so pretty. I also loved seeing your attic studio with some of your beautiful creations. I love your yellow walls up there. I have a very similar yellow in my living room and just love that color, it is so cheerful.